Please Contact Ashley Rasmussen. Ashley is lead over EB Games Canadian Conference registration.
Please contact Samantha Vogel. Samantha is the lead planner for the EB Games Canadian Conference.
Travel & Hotel
Just like last year, you will be asked to enter your flight information in the registration portal. EB Games will book your Conference flight on your behalf. Please make sure you are diligent when entering your flight information in registration. If you plan to Stay & Play in Whistler before or after Conference, you'll need to be aware of that before entering your flight preferences in registration!
• If you elect to drive to Whistler, you will only be reimbursed for the mileage from your home (less your normal commute to your store), and this amount may not exceed the average cost of a plane ticket from your departure province. There is no gas reimbursement.
• Please use the most economical way to the vendor show. If you get caught not selecting the most economical route, you risk not getting reimbursed at all. Also, meals are provided at events, so unless there are extraordinary circumstances that are pre-approved, additional meals will not be reimbursed.
• Expense reports for Conference travel expenses must be submitted no later than 14 November 2018.
Your hotel reservations will be made for you once you complete your on-line registration. All attendees will be staying at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
Any attendee below director level is required to have a roommate.
Contact your preferred roommate early to confirm they would like to share a room. You must list each other as your preferred roommate on the registration form. If you request a roommate who does not request you, you will be assigned another roommate.
You can check your assigned roommate on the Confirmed Attendees List here. For any changes, please email CDNConference@gamestop.com.
Please be aware that our policy prohibits friends and family members at the conference during conference days/times; and all attendees MUST stay at the conference hotel during our dates as assigned. Our goal is to maintain the integrity of the conference and make sure that all attendees are 100% focused on networking, education, and vendor training. We have created these rules in order to make it fair to all attendees.
If family or friends choose to vacation with you before or after the conference, they must depart the day conference begins and may not arrive until the day of all departures.
• Shuttles will be provided for Field Management attendees on Sunday, 21 October and for Store Managers on Monday, 22 October. These shuttles have been pre-paid for you and include greeters at the airport (look for an EB Games sign), baggage handling, transportation and tips.
• If you elect to not use this service when you arrive, other forms of transportation are not a reimbursable expense.
• In Registration this year you will be able to select your shuttle time on departure day. You will need to be on the shuttle you select since in Whistler we do not have the transportation resources to accommodate the last minute transportation changes.
Shuttles will be assigned this year. You will receive your assigned shuttle time from Ashley Rasmussen on the Meetings & Travel team. Please note, you must be on the shuttle that you are assigned. If you would like to request to be on a different shuttle time please send your request to AshleyRasmussen@gamestop.com no later than Friday 19-Oct by 12:00pm CST. Spaces are very limited on each shuttle and therefore your request may not be accommodated. Those who have planned “Stay & Play” vacation around the show will be responsible for their transportation on their extended days. Please see Alternative Transportation below for a transportation recommendation.
The average high in Whistler in late October is 45 degrees fahrenheit. The average low in October is 31 degrees fahrenheit. You will be walking in the evenings for dinner, so make sure you pack to stay warm in the evening. We do expect some rain this year, so bring an umbrella!