Current Travel Restrictions Due to Covid-19
All non-essential domestic and international business travel should be eliminated until further notice.
If business travel is needed, the trip must have CEO approval.
- Beginning now, we are banning all business travel to China, Hong Kong, Japan, and South Korea until further notice. Any business travel to Italy must be deemed ‘essential’ and have EVP-level approval
- All employees who make personal travel plans to China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy, Japan or Iran must work from home for 14 days following your trip based on the latest news of the coronavirus occurrences.
- This travel alert and restrictions applies to ALL GameStop associates and contractors.
- We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will update our alert and restrictions, based on CDC recommendations.
- If this travel alert applies to your potential travel plans, please contact your HR business partner or the Meetings & Travel team and they will work with you to notify your manager and help determine next steps.
COVID-19 Hotel Updates
As the global situation around COVID-19 continues to change rapidly, we will ensure the below information from the top hotel brands is up to date for your reference.
ALL hotel brands require masks to be worn in any shared space such as hotel lobby, check in counter, halls, elevators, eating areas, pool area, gym, and spas.
Marriott is closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
*Marriott's Cancellation Policy*
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Marriott International is committed to ensuring their customers experience flexibility during these challenging times.
For all Marriott International hotels world-wide, they are implementing the following policies:
• All transient reservations (including prepaid rates) booked between March 13 – July 05, 2020 for stays on or after March 13 can be changed or cancelled without penalty up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
All transient reservations (including prepaid rates) booked before March 13, 2020, will be subject to the rate offer rules communicated at the time of reservation.
Some exclusions may apply over special event or peak demand dates.
• For reservations booked on/or after July 6, 2020, regardless of arrival date, reservations with pre-paid rates will be subject to the rate offer rules communicated at the time of reservation. Please see the rest of the FAQs to understand how this policy applies to group, third-party, Design Hotels and Homes and Villas by Marriott International reservations.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider directly for further information.
• Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks. Please refer to the property’s Rate Details for applicable terms or exceptions, if any, when booking or changing reservations.
• Individual (transient) guestroom reservation refunds of any kind (e.g., cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located.
*Marriott’s Commitment to Cleanliness*
Marriott recently announced the creation of the Marriott Global Cleanliness Council – consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations. Together, the council members will work to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for Marriott’s more than 7,300 properties around the globe. The new standards will be designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for the company’s guests and the 750,000 people worldwide who wear the Marriott name badge.
While Marriott’s council develops its work, the company has initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at its properties over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers that allow for touchless disinfecting capabilities. The magnetically charged droplets produced by the electrostatic sprayers seek out and coat hard to reach areas and surfaces typically missed in standard cleaning processes.
In its everyday cleaning, Marriott will also be using the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to treat known pathogens.
When guests check into Marriott’s hotels over the next few months, you will notice a number of additions to the company’s regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotels. Specific areas of focus include:
• Surface Areas: In public spaces, the company has added to its already rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In guest rooms, Marriott has added to its detailed cleaning practices, requiring all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. The company will also be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
• Guest Contact: To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, Marriott will be using signage in its lobbies to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing. The company is planning to add partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for its guests and associates and is working with supply chain partners to make masks and gloves available to associates. You’ll see more hand sanitizing stations around Marriott’s hotels – near the entrances and front desks, elevator banks and fitness and meeting spaces. In addition, in more than 3,200 of the company’s hotels, guests can choose to use their phones to check in, access their rooms, make special requests and order room service that will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact. These “touchless” services can all be done quickly via Marriott’s mobile app.
• Food Safety: At Marriott, food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. The company’s food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using its food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits. Marriott is also enhancing sanitation guidelines and training videos for associates that include hygiene and disinfecting practices. In addition, the company is modifying its operational practices for in-room dining and designing new approaches to buffets.
*Hilton's Change / Cancellation Policy Extended to August 31*
In order to provide you with greater travel flexibility during the COVID-19 pandemic, Hilton introduced a more flexible cancellation policy on March 12, 2020. As stay-at-home orders lift and travel resumes, Hilton Team Members are excited to welcome you to our hotels. At the same time, they know your plans may continue to change, so they have made your reservations even more flexible:
For reservations made prior to March 12, 2020 – when the new, more flexible reservation policy went into effect: You may now change or cancel any future reservation, without penalty, as long as you do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date, but not later than September 30, 2020. This includes reservations described as “non-cancellable” or Advance Purchase. Flexibility for the Future: Any individual reservations booked on and between March 12 and September 30, 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
If you cancel a rate which required an advance payment or deposit, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Due to the influx of cancellations, it may take up to 30 days to complete your request. If you are a Hilton Honors member and cancel an Advance Purchase rate, you may be eligible for a free night certificate for each cancelled night. Free night certificates can be used at our more than 6,100 properties worldwide. Stays must be completed by August 31, 2021. In lieu of a refund, guests at select hotels may choose to receive a hotel voucher redeemable toward a future stay at that hotel. Changes are subject to availability and rate differences.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the Hilton website, Hilton Honors mobile app or call center, you can contact the Hilton Guest Assistance team. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them directly for assistance.
The Hilton CleanStay with Lysol protection program is a collaboration between Hilton, RB (maker of Lysol (U.S.) / Dettol (international)), and the Mayo Clinic Infection Prevention and Control team to enhance thier existing methods and implement a focus on cleanliness that’s visible throughout the entire stay.
Hilton’s new hotel experience follows guests from pre-arrival to their journey home:
1. Before travel, guests can go to Hilton.com/cleanstay for details about what to expect. Property websites will also be updated with specific information and a pre-arrival email is sent outlining the procedures in place.
2. At check-in, Hilton Honors members can use the app to bypass the front desk. Non-Honors members will still stop at the desk, which has enhanced disinfectant features.
3. Lobby seating is spaced out to accommodate social distancing.
4. Sanitizing stations are available throughout the property and at all elevators.
5. Rooms are closed with the CleanStay seal to show they’ve been cleaned and inspected according to our new procedures.
6. Dining areas are spaced out for social distancing; some brands will still offer to-go options instead of seated.
7. Fitness centers have been rearranged to accommodate social distancing.
8. To check-out, guests can use the app or call the front desk before leaving.
9. If shuttles are in-use, disinfectant wipes will be available.
Hilton CleanStay enhancements:
- The Hilton CleanStay room seal will be placed on room doors after they've been cleaned and inspected. Special attention is paid to the most frequently touched areas like light switches, door handles, TV remotes, and thermostats. IItems like pens and paper are removed and disinfecting wipes will be provided for guest use.
- Additional amenities such as linens and toiletries will be available upon request, delivered in protective packaging and placed at the guest room door.
- Rooms will be cleaned following our CleanStay procedures before arrival, but will no longer follow the daily standard during stays. At all our hotels in the Americas, guests can indicate their cleaning frequency preferences at check-in. For luxury brands in international locations and all brands in China, the standard remains to be cleaned daily. Guests can still choose to opt-out and change the cadence.
- Fitness centers may be closed for cleaning multiple times daily. Equipment will be properly adjusted and placed to enable physical distancing, and the number of guests in the center may be limited.
- Pool and pool areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day, and physical distancing measures will be in place.
- In restaurants, seating will be spaced to ensure proper physical distancing and biodegradable, disposable dishes / utensils will be available upon request.
- During breakfast, restaurants will offer a range of options including grab & go, pre-plated covered items, à la carte and assisted service. When ordering room service, guests will experience contactless delivery, with orders and single-use serviceware placed outside their door.
- Hotel Team Members will wear an additional layer of personal protective equipment when cleaning to protect their well-being.
*Hyatt Extending Change and Cancellation Fees Policy*
Guided by their purpose of care and in listening to their guests, Hyatt is extending their cancellation policy to provide further flexibility to help you make travel decisions again.
• Existing reservations booked prior to July 1, 2020:
With some very limited exceptions, existing reservations booked before July 1, 2020, for arrivals through July 31, 2021, can be cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. This includes Advance Purchase Rate reservations. Reservations made after April 1, 2020 at Destination Residences or under the Special Event Rates are subject to the cancellation policy disclosed at the time of reservation.
• New reservations booked July 1, 2020 or beyond:
With some very limited exceptions, reservations booked on July 1, 2020 or beyond – for arrival dates through July 31, 2021 – can be cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
Reservations made after April 1, 2020 at select Destination properties or under Special Event Rates, after June 3, 2020 at Hyatt Residence Club properties, and any other reservations made after June 30, 2020 that disclose a different cancellation or refund policy at the time of booking are excluded from this policy and subject to the cancellation or refund policy disclosed at the time of booking. Please visit the Change and Cancellation Fee Waiver Exceptions for a list of excluded Destination and Hyatt Residence Club properties.
Hotels may adjust this cancellation policy during some high-demand periods (e.g., holidays or special events). When making reservations, guests are always encouraged to review the rate rules, which show the current cancellation and deposit policies for all properties and rates, to ensure they understand the cancellation and/or deposit rules for each reservation.
Reservations can be changed or cancelled on hyatt.com or via the World of Hyatt app (subject to the exceptions noted here and during the booking process). Please be aware that changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences. Please note: These policies apply to reservations made through Hyatt directly. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
*Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment*
Providing safe and clean environments for guests and colleagues is always a top priority for Hyatt hotels globally. They remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit Hyatt hotels, knowing you’ll experience the quality you expect from the Hyatt brand.
Hyatt has proudly announced the Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment, which focuses on the safety and wellbeing of colleagues and guests in a COVID-19 world and beyond. The commitment includes plans for hotel-level health and sanitization accreditation and hygiene specialists, as well as a working group of trusted medical and industry advisors.
In addition, comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place at Hyatt hotels globally, detailing how to protect against transmission of the virus (including implementing hand sanitizer stations and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas), and procedures in case there is a suspected or confirmed case among our guests or colleagues.
Hyatt believes in responsible and safe travel while staying vigilant and following procedures and protocols developed in consideration of guidance and information shared by the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other leading organizations and experts.
Recognizing the ongoing and increased uncertainty that coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing around the world, Omni Hotels & Resorts’ highest priority is the health and wellbeing of their guests and associates.
*Omni Cancellation Policy & Booking Flexibility*
Omni understands flexibility is key during uncertain times and that’s why they’re adjusting their cancellation policies. For reservations with arrival dates through August 31, 2020, they are waiving cancellation fees for existing and new individual reservations at all Omni Hotels & Resorts’ properties. In this very fluid environment, they continue to monitor the situation and will revisit this policy as needed. For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (i.e., Booking.com, Expedia, etc.), please contact them directly.
*OmniSafe & Clean*
During your stay, rest assured Omni’s standard cleaning routines are very thorough; however, during this time, they have increased their efforts throughout each hotel and resort. These actions include, but are not limited to, cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces and frequently touched items in guest rooms and throughout the public spaces of each hotel. They are providing hand sanitizer stations at front desks, on meeting room levels and in restaurants. They are also ensuring their associates have disposable wipes with them at all times to clean commonly used surfaces like elevator buttons. It’s also important to note that their cleaning materials and supplies meet or exceed industry standards.
The focus on cleanliness and sanitation is imperative to their daily operation and has always been a top priority for their properties. These additional measures will work to help ensure Omni continues to provide a safe environment for their guests.
Questions about travel, GameStop's COVID-19 restrictions or any of the alirline carrier policies? Just reach out to SamanthaVogel@gamestop.com