Current Travel Restrictions Due to Covid-19
All non-essential domestic and international business travel should be eliminated until further notice.
- Beginning now, we are banning all business travel to China, Hong Kong, Japan, and South Korea until further notice. Any business travel to Italy must be deemed ‘essential’ and have EVP-level approval
- All employees who make personal travel plans to China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Italy, Japan or Iran must work from home for 14 days following your trip based on the latest news of the coronavirus occurrences.
- This travel alert and restrictions applies to ALL GameStop associates and contractors.
- We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will update our alert and restrictions, based on CDC recommendations.
- If this travel alert applies to your potential travel plans, please contact your HR business partner or the Meetings & Travel team and they will work with you to notify your manager and help determine next steps.
COVID-19 Airline Updates
As the global situation around COVID-19 continues to change rapidly, we will ensure the below information from our top airline carriers is up to date for your reference.
American Airlines COVID-19 Alert
With the expiration of the change fee waiver on May 31, 2020, American is extending its offer to waive change fees for customers who purchased tickets by June 30, 2020 for summer travel through September 30, 2020. This offer applies to tickets that meet the following criteria:
-Any ticket purchased on or before June 30, 2020, for travel through Sept. 30, 2020, will not incur change fees prior to travel. Customers must pay any fare difference, if applicable, at time of ticketing of the new fare. Fare rules may apply depending on the ticket.
-All AAdvantage award tickets are included in this offer.
-Customers are allowed to change their origin and destination cities as part of this offer.
-Travel must be completed by Dec. 31, 2021.
Additional updates on existing travel alerts, including international travel waivers that are available for travel through May 31, can be found on aa.com/travelalerts.
United Airlines COVID-19 Alert
Tickets: For tickets issued March 3 through March 31, 2020, customers will be permitted to change free of charge to a flight of equal or lesser value for travel up to 24 months from the original ticket issue date. For tickets issued between April 1, 2020, and May 31, 2020, customers will be permitted to change free of charge to a flight of equal or lesser value for travel up to 12 months from the original ticket issue date.
If the new flight is priced higher, the customer may change for no fee but must pay the fare difference. If the new flight is priced lower, the customer may change for free but no residual value will be given.
Cancellations: If the customer decides to cancel the flight they booked before March 31, 2020, they can retain the value of the ticket to be applied to a new ticket without fee for travel up to 24 months from the original ticket issue date. If the customer decides to cancel the flight they booked between April 1, 2020, and May 31, 2020, they can retain the value of the ticket to be applied to a new ticket without fee for travel up to 12 months from the original ticket issue date. Waived our MileagePlus award ticket redeposit fee – We’re now waiving redeposit fees for award travel scheduled through May 31, 2020. You’ll continue to have the flexibility to change award travel without incurring a fee, or cancel award travel and retain the value of the ticket as a credit toward future travel.
United is also making some changes to their loyalty program during these unprecedented times. Click here to review the changes to the United Loyalty program.
Southwest Airlines COVID-19 Alert
Change Fees: Southwest does not charge fees to change or cancel flights. Nonrefundable tickets (Wanna Get Away fares) not flown on the travel date, but canceled in accordance with Southwest’s No Show policy, can be applied to future travel. Refundable tickets (Anytime and Business Select® fares) not flown on the travel date can also be applied to future travel.
Cancellations: Nonrefundable tickets (Wanna Get Away fares) not flown on the travel date, but canceled in accordance with Southwest’s No Show Policy, can be applied to future travel up to one year from the original purchase date aside from the below exceptions.
All travel funds must be used by the individual named on the ticket.
However, in recognition of the current travel environment, we are extending the expiration date of some travel funds:
-Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020, will now expire September 7, 2022.
-Any travel funds created because you cancel a flight between March 1 – September 7, 2020, will expire September 7, 2022.
It can take up to five business days for the new expiration date to appear in your account. It will also take our Technology Team a few days to make these changes.
It’s important to note, while these unused travel funds will be available until September 7, 2022, once the funds are used to make a purchase, the expiration date of the travel funds will then follow our normal ticketing rules and will expire 12 months from the date of purchase.
Delta Airlines COVID-19 Alert
Delta is now waiving change fees and providing greater flexibility to travel using eCredits through September 30, 2022, for customers who:
-Have upcoming travel already booked for March through September 30, 2020 as of April 17, 2020
-Have existing eCredits or canceled travel from flights in March through September 30, 2020
Tickets purchased between March 1 and May 31, 2020, can be changed without a change fee for a year from the date you purchased it.
COVID-19 Hotel Updates
Marriott COVID-19 Update
Marriott is closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
*Marriott's Cancellation Policy*
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Marriott International is committed to ensuring their customers experience flexibility during these challenging times.
For all Marriott International hotels world-wide, they are implementing the following policies:
• For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, they will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival,* as long as the change or cancellation is made by July 5, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
• For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and July 5, 2020, they will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date.* Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider directly for further information.
• Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks. Please refer to the property’s Rate Details for applicable terms or exceptions, if any, when booking or changing reservations.
• Individual (transient) guestroom reservation refunds of any kind (e.g., cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located.
*Marriott’s Commitment to Cleanliness*
Marriott recently announced the creation of the Marriott Global Cleanliness Council – consisting of in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, and hotel operations. Together, the council members will work to develop a new generation of global hospitality cleanliness standards, norms and behaviors for Marriott’s more than 7,300 properties around the globe. The new standards will be designed to minimize risk and enhance safety for the company’s guests and the 750,000 people worldwide who wear the Marriott name badge.
While Marriott’s council develops its work, the company has initiated plans to roll out enhanced technologies at its properties over the next few months, including electrostatic sprayers that allow for touchless disinfecting capabilities. The magnetically charged droplets produced by the electrostatic sprayers seek out and coat hard to reach areas and surfaces typically missed in standard cleaning processes.
In its everyday cleaning, Marriott will also be using the highest classification of disinfectants recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization to treat known pathogens.
When guests check into Marriott’s hotels over the next few months, you will notice a number of additions to the company’s regimen designed to set an even higher standard of cleanliness for the hotels. Specific areas of focus include:
• Surface Areas: In public spaces, the company has added to its already rigorous cleaning protocols, requiring that surfaces are treated with hospital-grade disinfectants and that this cleaning is done with increased frequency. In guest rooms, Marriott has added to its detailed cleaning practices, requiring all surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectants. The company will also be placing disinfecting wipes in each room for guests’ personal use.
• Guest Contact: To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, Marriott will be using signage in its lobbies to remind guests to maintain social distancing protocols and will remove or re-arrange furniture to allow more space for distancing. The company is planning to add partitions at front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for its guests and associates and is working with supply chain partners to make masks and gloves available to associates. You’ll see more hand sanitizing stations around Marriott’s hotels – near the entrances and front desks, elevator banks and fitness and meeting spaces. In addition, in more than 3,200 of the company’s hotels, guests can choose to use their phones to check in, access their rooms, make special requests and order room service that will be specially packaged and delivered right to the door without contact. These “touchless” services can all be done quickly via Marriott’s mobile app.
• Food Safety: At Marriott, food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices. The company’s food and beverage operations are required to conduct self-inspection using its food safety standards as guidelines, and compliance is validated by independent audits. Marriott is also enhancing sanitation guidelines and training videos for associates that include hygiene and disinfecting practices. In addition, the company is modifying its operational practices for in-room dining and designing new approaches to buffets.
Hilton COVID-19 Update
*Hilton's Change / Cancellation Policy Extended to August 31*
In order to provide you with greater travel flexibility during the COVID-19 pandemic, Hilton introduced a more flexible cancellation policy on March 12, 2020. As stay-at-home orders lift and travel resumes, Hilton Team Members are excited to welcome you to our hotels. At the same time, they know your plans may continue to change, so they have made your reservations even more flexible:
For reservations made prior to March 12, 2020 – when the new, more flexible reservation policy went into effect: You may now change or cancel any future reservation, without penalty, as long as you do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date, but not later than August 31, 2020. This includes reservations described as “non-cancellable” or Advance Purchase. Flexibility for the Future: Any individual reservations booked on and between March 12 and August 31, 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
If you cancel a rate which required an advance payment or deposit, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Due to the influx of cancellations, it may take up to 30 days to complete your request. If you are a Hilton Honors member and cancel an Advance Purchase rate, you may be eligible for a free night certificate for each cancelled night. Free night certificates can be used at our more than 6,100 properties worldwide. Stays must be completed by August 31, 2021. In lieu of a refund, guests at select hotels may choose to receive a hotel voucher redeemable toward a future stay at that hotel. Changes are subject to availability and rate differences.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the Hilton website, Hilton Honors mobile app or call center, you can contact the Hilton Guest Assistance team. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them directly for assistance.
The Hilton CleanStay with Lysol protection program is a collaboration between Hilton, RB (maker of Lysol (U.S.) / Dettol (international)), and the Mayo Clinic Infection Prevention and Control team to enhance thier existing methods and implement a focus on cleanliness that’s visible throughout the entire stay.
Hilton’s new hotel experience follows guests from pre-arrival to their journey home:
1. Before travel, guests can go to Hilton.com/cleanstay for details about what to expect. Property websites will also be updated with specific information and a pre-arrival email is sent outlining the procedures in place.
2. At check-in, Hilton Honors members can use the app to bypass the front desk. Non-Honors members will still stop at the desk, which has enhanced disinfectant features.
3. Lobby seating is spaced out to accommodate social distancing.
4. Sanitizing stations are available throughout the property and at all elevators.
5. Rooms are closed with the CleanStay seal to show they’ve been cleaned and inspected according to our new procedures.
6. Dining areas are spaced out for social distancing; some brands will still offer to-go options instead of seated.
7. Fitness centers have been rearranged to accommodate social distancing.
8. To check-out, guests can use the app or call the front desk before leaving.
9. If shuttles are in-use, disinfectant wipes will be available.
Hilton CleanStay enhancements:
- The Hilton CleanStay room seal will be placed on room doors after they've been cleaned and inspected. Special attention is paid to the most frequently touched areas like light switches, door handles, TV remotes, and thermostats. IItems like pens and paper are removed and disinfecting wipes will be provided for guest use.
- Additional amenities such as linens and toiletries will be available upon request, delivered in protective packaging and placed at the guest room door.
- Rooms will be cleaned following our CleanStay procedures before arrival, but will no longer follow the daily standard during stays. At all our hotels in the Americas, guests can indicate their cleaning frequency preferences at check-in. For luxury brands in international locations and all brands in China, the standard remains to be cleaned daily. Guests can still choose to opt-out and change the cadence.
- Fitness centers may be closed for cleaning multiple times daily. Equipment will be properly adjusted and placed to enable physical distancing, and the number of guests in the center may be limited.
- Pool and pool areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day, and physical distancing measures will be in place.
- In restaurants, seating will be spaced to ensure proper physical distancing and biodegradable, disposable dishes / utensils will be available upon request.
- During breakfast, restaurants will offer a range of options including grab & go, pre-plated covered items, à la carte and assisted service. When ordering room service, guests will experience contactless delivery, with orders and single-use serviceware placed outside their door.
- Hotel Team Members will wear an additional layer of personal protective equipment when cleaning to protect their well-being.
Hyatt COVID-19 Update
*Hyatt Extending Change and Cancellation Fees Policy*
Guided by their purpose of care and in listening to their guests, Hyatt is extending their cancellation policy to provide further flexibility to help you make travel decisions again.
• Existing reservations booked prior to July 1, 2020:
With some very limited exceptions, existing reservations booked before July 1, 2020, for arrivals through July 31, 2021, can be cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. This includes Advance Purchase Rate reservations. Reservations made after April 1, 2020 at Destination Residences or under the Special Event Rates are subject to the cancellation policy disclosed at the time of reservation.
• New reservations booked July 1, 2020 or beyond:
With some very limited exceptions, reservations booked on July 1, 2020 or beyond – for arrival dates through July 31, 2021 – can be cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
Reservations made after April 1, 2020 at select Destination properties or under Special Event Rates, after June 3, 2020 at Hyatt Residence Club properties, and any other reservations made after June 30, 2020 that disclose a different cancellation or refund policy at the time of booking are excluded from this policy and subject to the cancellation or refund policy disclosed at the time of booking. Please visit the Change and Cancellation Fee Waiver Exceptions for a list of excluded Destination and Hyatt Residence Club properties.
Hotels may adjust this cancellation policy during some high-demand periods (e.g., holidays or special events). When making reservations, guests are always encouraged to review the rate rules, which show the current cancellation and deposit policies for all properties and rates, to ensure they understand the cancellation and/or deposit rules for each reservation.
Reservations can be changed or cancelled on hyatt.com or via the World of Hyatt app (subject to the exceptions noted here and during the booking process). Please be aware that changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences. Please note: These policies apply to reservations made through Hyatt directly. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
*Hyatt Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment*
Providing safe and clean environments for guests and colleagues is always a top priority for Hyatt hotels globally. They remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit Hyatt hotels, knowing you’ll experience the quality you expect from the Hyatt brand.
Hyatt has proudly announced the Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment, which focuses on the safety and wellbeing of colleagues and guests in a COVID-19 world and beyond. The commitment includes plans for hotel-level health and sanitization accreditation and hygiene specialists, as well as a working group of trusted medical and industry advisors.
In addition, comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place at Hyatt hotels globally, detailing how to protect against transmission of the virus (including implementing hand sanitizer stations and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas), and procedures in case there is a suspected or confirmed case among our guests or colleagues.
Hyatt believes in responsible and safe travel while staying vigilant and following procedures and protocols developed in consideration of guidance and information shared by the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other leading organizations and experts.
Omni COVID-19 Update
Recognizing the ongoing and increased uncertainty that coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing around the world, Omni Hotels & Resorts’ highest priority is the health and wellbeing of their guests and associates.
*Omni Cancellation Policy & Booking Flexibility*
Omni understands flexibility is key during uncertain times and that’s why they’re adjusting their cancellation policies. For reservations with arrival dates through June 30, 2020, they are waiving cancellation fees for existing and new individual reservations at all Omni Hotels & Resorts’ properties. In this very fluid environment, they continue to monitor the situation and will revisit this policy as needed. For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (i.e., Booking.com, Expedia, etc.), please contact them directly.
*OmniSafe & Clean*
During your stay, rest assured Omni’s standard cleaning routines are very thorough; however, during this time, they have increased their efforts throughout each hotel and resort. These actions include, but are not limited to, cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces and frequently touched items in guest rooms and throughout the public spaces of each hotel. They are providing hand sanitizer stations at front desks, on meeting room levels and in restaurants. They are also ensuring their associates have disposable wipes with them at all times to clean commonly used surfaces like elevator buttons. It’s also important to note that their cleaning materials and supplies meet or exceed industry standards.
The focus on cleanliness and sanitation is imperative to their daily operation and has always been a top priority for their properties. These additional measures will work to help ensure Omni continues to provide a safe environment for their guests.
Questions about travel, GameStop's COVID-19 restrictions or any of the alirline carrier policies? Just reach out to SamanthaVogel@gamestop.com