Dates & Details
All GameStop & ThinkGeek associates that hold a store leader position, or higher, by the close of registration on July 17, 2019 are eligible to attend.
The meeting will take place at Music City Center in Nashville, TN!
Thursday, August 22: Event Team
Saturday, August 24 by 2:00 pm: Vice Presidents of Stores, Regional Leaders & Field HR
Saturday, August 24 by 2:30 pm: RMH Winners
Saturday, August 24 by 4:00 pm: Field Leaders, Field LP, & ThinkGeek Area Managers
Sunday, August 25 by 5:00 pm: GameStop Store Leaders & ThinkGeek Store Managers
Wednesday, August 28 flights after 2:30pm: ThinkGeek associates
Thursday, August 29: All GameStop attendees
GameStop is excited to announce that the Conference attire will be the same as last year. You can wear T-shirts as outlined below:
- Clean, untorn, business appropriate jeans
- NO SHORTS - never ever, not even in the Expo
- Wear tennis shoes/sneakers - you will walk a lot
- A polo, collared shirt or other business appropriate shirt
- T-shirts can be worn as long as they are: GameStop T's, T-shirts that you receive in your Conference show bag, or a T-shirt that promotes a newly released game
- Meeting room temperatures may be cool, so please dress accordingly or bring a sweater
Pack to rock on! The average temperature in Nashville in August is highs in the high 80's and lows in the high 60's. Remember, you’ll be hitting the town at night for dinners, so you'll want to pack accordingly. Nashville is super walkable with Broadway street (honkey tonk central) just minutes from the center and downtown hotels. We’ll send you up-to-date weather details the week before we leave.
All attendees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times during the event. Any etiquette that does not follow the GameStop Code of Conduct (located in your employee handbook) will be subject to disciplinary action.
To ensure a successful event and a positive vendor & attendee experience, all attendees are required to attend every scheduled session and event.
Social Media and Confidentiality
GameStop encourages responsible social media at our Conference. You are not required to use your cell phones or other electronic device, but you may choose to tweet, blog, or post images and information about the overall feel and excitement of the event consistent with the Social Media Communication policy in handbook. Do NOT share private or confidential information, which includes, but is not limited to, specific gaming images, release dates, confidential corporate information or anything else presented as confidential information.
If an announcement is presented as confidential information, you may NOT share that information on any social medium (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, texts to friends/colleagues, etc.). This could result in immediate expulsion from the Conference and termination of employment.
New Mother Policy
GameStop is happy to announce the continuation of our New Mother Policy to better support our family values. At our annual Conference and Field Management Meetings, new mothers are welcome to bring children who are breastfeeding to the event. While the associate must still attend all sessions and breakouts as scheduled, this new policy will allow her to continue to feed, nurture, and bond with her infant during meals, evenings, and available down-time. Details on the policy are as follows:
- Breastfeeding babies may accompany their mothers
- GameStop will provide the associate with her own room equipped with a crib and mini-refrigerator (The room can have 1 King or 2 full beds as needed.)
- The mother may invite a caretaker to care for the child while she is attending sessions and breakouts
- The caretaker may not attend sessions, breakouts or Expo
- The flight and additional costs of the caretaker are the responsibility of the associate
PLEASE NOTE: In order to take advantage of our New Mother Policy, you must submit your request to GSConference@gamestop.com by the close of registration on July 17, 2019. Any requests submitted after this date will unfortunately be declined.
Getting to Conference
After you register, you'll book your own flight to Conference. Details can be found on the Registration page.
Please remember to print and bring your registration confirmation to the conference. This confirmation will contain your registration barcode. Conference registration on-site is a self check-in, so you will need your confirmation barcode to expedite your conference badge printing!
Checking in at Conference
After arriving at the airport in Nashville, please proceed to baggage claim. Once you have your luggage, look for the GameStop staff to direct you. Please be sure you know which hotel you are staying at prior to boarding. You can verify your hotel by clicking here. The shuttles will make two stops:
At Music City Center for the following hotels:
1. AC Hotel Nashville Downtown
2. Hilton Nashville Downtown
3. Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Downtown
4. Holiday Inn Express Nashville Downtown
5. Hyatt Place Nashville Downtown
6. JW Marriott Nashville
7. Omni Nashville Downtown
8. Renaissance Nashville Hotel
9. Residence Inn Nashville Downtown
10. Springhill Suites Nashville Downtown
11. The Westin Nashville
At the DoubleTree hotel for the following hotels:
1. Courtyard Nashville Downtown
2. DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville Downtown
3. The Hermitage Hotel
4. Hotel Indigo Nashville Downtown
5. Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown
Once you have checked into your hotel, head over to Music City Center to get your conference badge and all the cool stuff that comes along with it!
See you in Nashville!