Travel & Hotel
Dates TO Know
Wednesday, May 16: Registration opens for Field Leadership
Wednesday, May 23: Registration opens for Store Leaders
Thursday, July 19: Registration closes!
Airfare / driving
Please make sure you have selected the correct method of transportation on your registration. If there is an error and you need it updated, please contact Ashley Rasmussen at GSConference@GameStop.com.
Store and District leaders that wish to drive to Conference instead of flying must follow the below guidelines. If you have a situation that falls outside of this policy, please contact GSConference@GameStop.com for additional guidance.
• Your District Leader must approve your driving time prior to registration if driving time is more than 4 hours
• Only one attendee can submit for mileage reimbursement. Mileage is the number of miles from your home to the convention center. This amount may not exceed the average cost of a plane ticket from your departure city. (This average will be finalized post-Conference but you can get a rough idea by checking current airfare costs.)
• There is no gas reimbursement.
• If drive time is 4 hours or more, you can expense a meal as normal business travel to your Regional Leader. Please see current Travel & Expense Policy for per diems.
• If drive time extends outside of scheduled arrival/departure days, hotel and meal expenses will not be reimbursed.
• Expense reports for conference travel expenses MUST be submitted no later than October 26, 2018.
• You must submit your driving expense report using this excel spreadsheet and submit to GSConference@GameStop.com
• You may NOT submit this through GoTime. Any submissions made through GoTime will be retracted.
Note: All Store Leaders driving to Conference will be paid for their travel time to total a minimum of 44 hours for the week of Conference. Store Leaders carpooling will be paid for the travel much like the driver, but only the driver (owner of the vehicle) will be paid for mileage. Store Leaders will not be paid extra time for their drive over the amount of time it would have taken to fly if flying was an option.
Parking (For those who are driving!)
• Crowne Plaza: Please drive to the Crowne Plaza and take advantage of valet parking in order to have your parking covered. Give the valet your first and last name and they will route your parking to our account.
• Embassy: Please self-park in the parking garage that is located at the main entrance of the Embassy Suites. Upon check-in, inform the Front Desk that you are parking at they will provide you with in-and-out privileges during your stay. This will also route your parking charges to our account.
• Hyatt Regency: Please drive to the Hyatt Regency and take advantage of valet parking in order to have your parking covered. Give the valet your name and they will route your parking to our account.
• JW Marriott: Please self-park in the parking garage located off of West Maryland Street. Guests can bring their ticket up to the front desk and from that point they can use their room key to enter and exit the garage.
• Marriott & Marriott Place (Courtyard, Springhill & Fairfield): Please self-park in the parking garage located off of West Maryland Street. Guests can bring their ticket up to the front desk and from that point they can use their room key to enter and exit the garage.
• Omni: Please pull up to the Omni hotel main entrance and unload your vehicle, provide your last name to the valet attended and this will route your parking charges out our main account.
• Westin: Please drive to the Westin and take advantage of valet parking in order to have your parking covered. Give the valet your name and they will route your parking to our account.
Just like last year, registration is a two-step process. Once your registration is complete, the Meetings & Travel team will upload your e-mail address into Egencia. This process might take a few days. You will NOT be able to book a flight to Conference until you have completed the registration process.
Please Note: After you complete registration, please give the Meetings & Travel team 6 days to load your e-mail into Egencia. Once you have been loaded into the system, you will receive an e-mail from email@example.com to the e-mail address you listed in registration notifying you that you are eligible to book your Conference flight.
If after 6 days, you still have not received an eligibility e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org, please go back in to the registration system to make sure you completed registration. Remember: you'll receive a confirmation e-mail from email@example.com confirming your registration. If you find you have completed your registration, please e-mail GSConference@GameStop.com.
To book your flight
After you register for Conference, you should receive an email within a few days from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check your spam folder, just in case!
1. You will need to access www.egencia.com , and click on “Login” in the top right hand corner. Select forgot username and/or password. Enter in the email address you used for Conference registration. You will then receive an email with your temporary password. Return to Egencia.com and log in with your email address and temporary password.
2. You will need to select "Book" in the top lefthand corner, and then the “Meetings” tab in the dropdown. You must proceed under the Meetings Tab in order to link to the GameStop Meeting Card to secure payment.
3. You will be routed to the Meeting page where you will need to select "2018 GME Conference".
4. You'll then be taken to a page where you will see your name. On the far right side, select "Add a Flight".
5. Enter your flight search criteria. Be sure to check the arrival dates on your registration invitation. Please note: you must fly into Indianapolis International Airport. If you’re planning to “Stay & Play” in conjunction , you’ll need to know your vacation dates before you book this flight! Remember that GameStop will only pay for one flight booking. All changes made after your initial booking will be the responsibility of the traveler to cover the cost of the change fee and additional fees in airfare.
6. Follow the prompts and select your preferred departing and returning flights. Note: While you are not required to book Southwest Airlines (SWA), they do not charge for baggage or a change fee. So, of you need to adjust your flight in the future, choosing SWA could save you money!
7. Once you’ve selected your preferred flights, you’ll be routed to a flight details page to review your selection. Please take the time to review your flights and verify the airports are correct and the time of your flights are what you want. Under the “Fare options” on the right it will automatically choose the cheapest option for the flight. If everything looks correct, at the bottom right of the page click the “Continue” button.
8. On the Trip Preferences page, you will need to input your mobile phone number, as well as your TSA related information. You must input your name exactly as it will appear on your government issued ID! You must also complete the dropdown for department selection. Then, select “Continue” at the bottom. The wording is small but we promise it’s there.
9. You will then be taken to the Payment Information page. Again, please review your flight itinerary. If everything still looks correct, go ahead and "Complete This Purchase!"
10. After you complete the purchase, you'll be redirected to a final itinerary page, which should include your confirmation number. You'll also receive an e-mail with your itinerary.
If you would like to travel with a colleague(s), we highly recommend travel buddies register and book their flight on the same day to ensure the flight is available. Expenses related to flight changes to match a travel buddy will be the responsibility of the traveler and will NOT be covered by GameStop. Please make sure to check with your travel buddy before booking.
Your itinerary will then be automatically sent to the e-mail you enter during the registration process. All itineraries are sent from email@example.com, so please make sure to check your spam as well.
Please be aware that our policy prohibits friends and family members at the conference during conference days/times; and all attendees MUST stay at the conference hotel during our dates as assigned by the Conference team. Our goal is to maintain the integrity of the conference and make sure that all attendees are 100% focused on networking with their peers, education, and vendor training. We have created these rules in order to make it fair to all attendees.
If family or friends choose to vacation with you before or after the conference, they must depart the day conference begins and may not arrive until the day of all departures.
Shuttle Schedule on Arrival Day
Shuttles will be provided for Field Leadership on Saturday, August 25th and Store Leaders attendees on Sunday, August 26th from Indianapolis Airport to your assigned hotel.
Saturday, August 25 - Shuttles will run from 8:30AM to 4:30PM
Sunday, August 26 - Shuttles will run from 9AM to 6PM.
Every shuttle will make 3 stops to provide drops offs at the hotels.
Stop 1 – JW Marriott, Indianapolis Marriott, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, & Fairfield Inn & Suites
Stop 2 – Westin, Embassy Suites, & Hyatt Regency
Stop 3 – Crowne Plaza & Omni Severin
Please note these dropping points are in centralized locations to the hotels and you will have to walk a couple of blocks to get to your hotel. These shuttles have been pre-paid for you and include greeters at the airport, baggage handling, transportation and tips. If you elect to not use this service when you arrive, other forms of transportation are not a reimbursable expense. Just look for a GameStop sign when you arrive at your assigned baggage claim to board the shuttle.
Shuttle Schedule on Departure Day
ALL departure shuttles will depart from the Indianapolis Convention Center on Maryland Street at the covered area across from the Westin. These shuttles will run every 30 minutes beginning at 3AM and will run until 3PM. These shuttles have been pre-paid for you and include greeters at the convention center, baggage handling, transportation and tips. If you elect to not use this service when you depart, other forms of transportation are not a reimbursable expense. Just look for a GameStop sign when you arrive at your assigned baggage claim to board the shuttle.
There are sooo many reasons that we prefer multiple hotels to a massive hotel in Vegas. First of all, elevator banks! No more standing in line behind thousands of people to get on an elevator. You’ll simply be standing in line behind a hundred or so. Much easier! Also, each of these hotels have their own unique features that make them special. From the rooms at the Crowne Plaza made out of real train cars, to the spacious layouts at the Springhill – each hotel offers something special. Plus, all of the hotels we’ve secured in Indy are within 1 block of the convention center. You can quickly walk across the street, or each hotel is also connected through a series of sky bridges so you never even have to get outside. Check out the hotel map to find your best path!
Don’t forget, all attendees will stay at their assigned hotel. And, all meetings will take place at the Convention Center this year. Click here to view a map of the hotels.
Your hotel reservation will be made for you once you complete your online registration form. You may NOT make your own hotel reservation for Conference, and guests are NOT allowed during the dates of the conference. If you would like to “Stay & Play” before or after Conference, you can visit our Stay & Play page for more details.
2018 GME Conference Housing
All attendees will be housed by region. See below to locate your region's designated hotel for Conference! Note: To confirm your official hotel assignment, please visit the Confirmed Attendees page!
JW Marriott: Regions 27,12,24,10, & SSC attendees (part of “Marriott Place” on the hotel map)
Marriott: Regions 15,17, 1, 4 & ThinkGeek
Westin: Regions 9, 29 & 22, plus Field LP
Hyatt Regency: Regions 14, 6 & 28
Omni Severin: Regions 13, 8 & 18, Field HR
Embassy Suites: Regions 23 & 3
Crowne Plaza: Regions 16 & 20
Courtyard: Regions 5 & 21 (part of “Marriott Place” on the hotel map)
Springfield/Fairfield: Region 31 (part of “Marriott Place” on the hotel map)
Check out our Conference maps on the Maps tab to see where your designated hotel is located! Great news is they're all connected to the Convention Center by skywalk! You're going to love staying in Indy!
Attendees below Director level are required to share a room at Conference and must room with someone of the same gender (with the exception of attendees that are married or share the same home address on file in Workday, or others who may require specific rooming accommodations based on individual circumstances. Specific individual rooming requests outside our normal policy, should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, who will review the request, gather required information, and make a final decision on the request in partnership with Human Resources). During registration, you will have the opportunity to select your preferred roommate, and:
- They will receive an email notification from GSConference@GameStop.com prompting them to accept or decline your request. You will be notified of their response via email
- If your request is declined, please re-enter the registration website to select a new roommate
- If you choose not to select a roommate, the GameStop Meetings & Travel team will assign one for you
- The deadline to select a roommate is July 19, 2018. If you have not selected a roommate by this date, one will be assigned to you
- If you receive a roommate request prior to registering, you will be prompted via email to visit the registration site, register, and respond to the request
PLEASE NOTE: Accepting a roommate does NOT mean you have completed registration. Unless you received a registration confirmation, in additon to a roommate confirmation, you are NOT registered!
You can check your confirmed roommate on the Attendees List on the conference website beginning August 6th, 2018. If you have any questions, please email GSConference@GameStop.com.