Travel & Hotel
Dates TO Know
Wednesday, May 8: Registration opens for Field Leadership
Wednesday, May 22: Registration opens for Store Leaders
Wednesday, July 17: Registration closes!
Airfare / driving
Please make sure you have selected the correct method of transportation on your registration. If there is an error and you need it updated, please contact Ashley Rasmussen at GSConference@GameStop.com.
2019 driving rules and reimbursement policy coming soon!
Parking (For those who are driving!)
More details coming soon!
Just like last year, registration is a two-step process. Once your registration is complete, the Meetings & Travel team will upload your e-mail address into Egencia. This process might take a few days. You will NOT be able to book a flight to Conference until you have completed the registration process.
Please Note: After you complete registration, please give the Meetings & Travel team 5 days to load your e-mail into Egencia. Once you have been loaded into the system, you will receive an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org to the e-mail address you listed in registration notifying you that you are eligible to book your Conference flight.
If after 5 days, you still have not received an eligibility e-mail from email@example.com, please go back in to the registration system to make sure you completed registration. Remember: you'll receive a confirmation e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your registration. If you find you have completed your registration, please e-mail GSConference@GameStop.com.
To book your flight
After you register for Conference, you should receive an email within a few days from email@example.com. Be sure to check your spam folder, just in case!
1. You will need to access www.egencia.com , and click on “Login” in the top right hand corner. Select forgot username and/or password. Enter in the email address you used for Conference registration. You will then receive an email with your temporary password. Return to Egencia.com and log in with your email address and temporary password.
2. You will need to select "Book" in the top lefthand corner, and then the “Meetings” tab in the dropdown. You must proceed under the Meetings Tab in order to link to the GameStop Meeting Card to secure payment.
3. You will be routed to the Meeting page where you will need to select "2019 GME Conference".
4. You'll then be taken to a page where you will see your name. On the far right side, select "Add a Flight".
5. Enter your flight search criteria. Be sure to check the arrival dates on your registration invitation. Please note: you must fly into Nashville International Airport. If you’re planning to “Stay & Play” in conjunction , you’ll need to know your vacation dates before you book this flight! Remember that GameStop will only pay for one flight booking. All changes made after your initial booking will be the responsibility of the traveler to cover the cost of the change fee and additional fees in airfare.
6. Follow the prompts and select your preferred departing and returning flights. Note: While you are not required to book Southwest Airlines (SWA), they do not charge for baggage or a change fee. So, of you need to adjust your flight in the future, choosing SWA could save you money!
7. Once you’ve selected your preferred flights, you’ll be routed to a flight details page to review your selection. Please take the time to review your flights and verify the airports are correct and the time of your flights are what you want. Under the “Fare options” on the right it will automatically choose the cheapest option for the flight. If everything looks correct, at the bottom right of the page click the “Continue” button.
8. On the Trip Preferences page, you will need to input your mobile phone number, as well as your TSA related information. You must input your name exactly as it will appear on your government issued ID! You must also complete the dropdown for department selection. Then, select “Continue” at the bottom. The wording is small but we promise it’s there.
9. You will then be taken to the Payment Information page. Again, please review your flight itinerary. If everything still looks correct, go ahead and "Complete This Purchase!"
10. After you complete the purchase, you'll be redirected to a final itinerary page, which should include your confirmation number. You'll also receive an e-mail with your itinerary.
If you would like to travel with a colleague(s), we highly recommend travel buddies register and book their flight on the same day to ensure the flight is available. Expenses related to flight changes to match a travel buddy will be the responsibility of the traveler and will NOT be covered by GameStop. Please make sure to check with your travel buddy before booking.
Your itinerary will then be automatically sent to the e-mail you enter during the registration process. All itineraries are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, so please make sure to check your spam as well.
Please be aware that our policy prohibits friends and family members at the conference during conference days/times; and all attendees MUST stay at the conference hotel during our dates as assigned by the Conference team. Our goal is to maintain the integrity of the conference and make sure that all attendees are 100% focused on networking with their peers, education, and vendor training. We have created these rules in order to make it fair to all attendees.
If family or friends choose to vacation with you before or after the conference, they must depart the day conference begins and may not arrive until the day of all departures.
Shuttle Schedule on Arrival Day
Shuttles will be provided for Field Leadership on Saturday, August 24th and Store Leaders attendees on Sunday, August 25th from Nashville Airport to your assigned hotel.
Saturday, August 24 - Shuttles will run from 8:30AM to 4:30PM
Sunday, August 25 - Shuttles will run from 9AM to 6PM.
These shuttles have been pre-paid for you and include greeters at the airport, baggage handling, transportation and tips. If you elect to not use this service when you arrive, other forms of transportation are not a reimbursable expense. Just look for a GameStop sign when you arrive at your assigned baggage claim to board the shuttle.
Shuttle Schedule on Departure Day
ALL departure shuttles will depart from the Nashville Convention Center. Details on meeting location in the Center for departures coming soon. These shuttles will run every 30 minutes beginning at 3AM and will run until 3PM. These shuttles have been pre-paid for you and include greeters at the convention center, baggage handling, transportation and tips. If you elect to not use this service when you depart, other forms of transportation are not a reimbursable expense.
There are sooo many reasons that we prefer multiple hotels to a massive hotel in Vegas. First of all, elevator banks! No more standing in line behind thousands of people to get on an elevator. You’ll simply be standing in line behind a hundred or so. Much easier! Also, each of these hotels have their own unique features that make them special. All of the hotels we’ve secured in Nashville are within 1 mile of the convention center!
Don’t forget, all attendees will stay at their assigned hotel. Click here to view a map of downtown Nashville.
Your hotel reservation will be made for you once you complete your online registration form. You may NOT make your own hotel reservation for Conference, and guests are NOT allowed during the dates of the conference. If you would like to “Stay & Play” before or after Conference, you can visit our Stay & Play page for more details.
2019 GME Conference Housing
All attendees will be housed by region. Details will be posted here once available!
Attendees below Director level are required to share a room at Conference and must room with someone of the same gender (with the exception of attendees that are married or share the same home address on file in Workday, or others who may require specific rooming accommodations based on individual circumstances. Specific individual rooming requests outside our normal policy, should be directed to email@example.com, who will review the request, gather required information, and make a final decision on the request in partnership with Human Resources). During registration, you will have the opportunity to select your preferred roommate, and:
- They will receive an email notification from GSConference@GameStop.com prompting them to accept or decline your request. You will be notified of their response via email
- If your request is declined, please re-enter the registration website to select a new roommate
- If you choose not to select a roommate, the GameStop Meetings & Travel team will assign one for you
- The deadline to select a roommate is July 17, 2019. If you have not selected a roommate by this date, one will be assigned to you
- If you receive a roommate request prior to registering, you will be prompted via email to visit the registration site, register, and respond to the request
PLEASE NOTE: Accepting a roommate does NOT mean you have completed registration. Unless you received a registration confirmation, in additon to a roommate confirmation, you are NOT registered!
You can check your confirmed roommate on the Attendees List on the conference website beginning July 29th, 2019. If you have any questions, please email GSConference@GameStop.com.